Sunday, July 24, 2011

My name is Brian, and I have a problem.

As the title states, my name is Brian, and I have a problem. The problem I have is not particularly different from any other "problem" you'd have in which you'd start a meeting with a statement like that. My habit is not that different from any "big" habits you'd imagine. Thanks to it, I spend time in dingy, badly lit buildings surrounded by what some could consider undesirable people. I've stayed up late on weekend nights just so I can get my "fix". Of course, it would be a little pathetic to state that I've broken relationships or damaged friendships or family relations over what my addiction is, so I guess I have that going for me. In case you're wondering what my supposed "addiction" is (in which case, you did a pretty unimpressive job reading the title of this blog, and I'm amazed you got here in the first place anyway), a few photos will suffice....






That's not the half of it. I swear that closet is completely full, and that's just ONE closet. Yes, that's right, I have a board game addiction. It could be worse -- I could be snorting cocaine. At least that would be a little more, shall we say, "respectable". Nonetheless, I can honestly say it's an actual addiction. I troll thrift stores on a weekly basis and usually end up picking up whatever board games tickle my fancy.

Of course, the downside of this is that I've picked up so many of them that I've probably played only half of them. So that's where the blog comes in! Once a week, I'm going to go through a board game and give it an in-depth and serious review. Who knows, maybe you'll find something you like in here.

So, tomorrow, reader, the first review will be posted and we will begin this journey down the road of board game addiction and collecting. Hopefully it will be a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment